Channels of Love Prayer Letter
January – February 2015
“And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
We are thankful for how our Father in heaven has answered our prayers and how He continues to meet our needs here at Channels. We truly desire to do all that we do in His name. We thank you for your prayers!
- We are so thankful for our Board of Directors who so faithfully support this ministry with their talents, resources, and time. Please pray for them as they seek God’s direction for COL.
- We are thankful for a new water heater and pump for our basement and for the individuals and churches who covered these expenses!
- We are thankful for matching gifts that allowed us to receive a grant from The Robert & Kathrina Maclellan Foundation. We are also thankful for our supporters, both long term and new donors.
- We are thankful for all the churches and groups that enabled us to serve our clients with events and gifts during the holiday season: Brainerd Presbyterian, St. Elmo Baptist, First Presbyterian, Chattanooga Church, Morning Pointe Assisted Living in Collegedale, and others.
- Client Concerns:
- Please pray for 2 of our clients who are currently hospitalized with significant health concerns.
- Please pray that clients will learn to receive and to give love, the way that Jesus loves them. Pray for them to make wise choices, relationally, financially, and physically.
- Please pray that clients will be thankful for all the spiritual blessings God provides to his children.
- Staff Concerns:
- We pray that funds will be available to hire a Client Liaison in the coming months, and that God will provide the person best fit for this position.
- Please pray for Susan and Ginger as they handle the details of keeping the ministry going. Please pray for wisdom, strength, faith, love and compassion for them in all their interactions.
- Please pray for us as we plan for the coming year, that God will guide us in the broad strokes as well as details.
- We will be holding a workshop on budgeting soon. Please pray for clients to be willing to learn more about handling money wisely and avoiding debt, and that they will follow through in making changes.
- Pray that Bible studies and social activities alike will be opportunities for all of us to grow in our relationship with the Lord and with each other.
- We are so thankful for Bible study teachers and for other volunteers who cook, drive, attend Bible studies, help with art or crafts, prepare greeting cards, or serve on the board! Please pray for our volunteers.
- And we thank God for each of you who prays for us. This ministry is a work of God; we cannot do it in our own strength!
The mission of Channels of Love Ministries is to strengthen and empower those infected with or affected by HIV/AIDS . . . while presenting Christ’s unconditional love and His promise of salvation.